Get advice, help and support


Visit the national Citizens Advice website for advice and information.

Or you can chat online with one of our advisers via our webchat and email service.

  • Click on the link above – to start a webchat, click on ‘Start chat’ under ‘Need help now?’ on the left of the screen
  • If a button doesn’t appear, the service isn’t available right now (it’s usually available Monday to Friday between 10am and 4pm).

Face to Face

Oxford office – 95-96 St Aldates Oxford, OX1 1DA

Open 10am – 2pm Monday – Friday

Outreach sessions

Fridays 8.30am -11.30am at  Cutteslowe Community Centre

Fridays 11.30am – 2.30pm at St Francis Church, Hollow Way


For advice on any issue Adviceline is available Mon-Fri 9am – 5pm. Call 0300 3309 054

Consumer Help line

If your question is a complain about goods or services bought or received, our specialist Consumer helpline will be able to help you. Call 03454 04 05 06

Calls to the helplines cost up to 9p per minute from a landline. If you’re calling from a mobile, it’ll cost between 3p and 55p per minute – if you have inclusive minutes, it’s the same as calling a landline.

Get help applying for Universal Credit

Our Help to Claim service can support you in the early stages of your Universal Credit claim, from the application, through to your first payment.

Help to Claim is a dedicated service from Citizens Advice. It’s free, independent and confidential. Our trained advisers can help with things like how to gather evidence for your application or how to prepare for your work coach appointment.

Call us for free: 0800 144 8 444 (England) 

Visit us: Monday-Friday 10-2pm at 95 St Aldates OX1 1DA

For online advice visit:     

If you’re a local organisation working with people who need to help applying Universal Credit get in touch with for more information on how you can signpost or refer people to our service.  

When coming for a Help to Claim appointment please bring for yourself and partner (if applicable):

  1. Telephone number (mobile if possible).
  2. Email address and password.
  3. National Insurance number.
  4. Bank account details (bank, account holder, sort code, account/roll number).
  5. Landlords name, postal address, phone number and email address.
  6. Tenancy agreement or contract from Landlord detailing exact amount and frequency of rent (and service charge if relevant).
  7. Earnings – number of hours worked and amount of pay (latest payslips).
  8. Fit note from GP (if relevant i.e. if signed off sick).
  9. Details of any other income e.g. pension.
  10. Amount of savings or other capital e.g. shares or property.
  11. If you /partner are working and use a registered childminder how much they pay for childcare – invoice.
  12. Child Benefit reference number(s)
  13. Details of any other benefits you are getting.