Are you passionate about social justice and making a difference in your community? Join our team as a Communications Volunteer at Citizens Advice Oxford. Together, we can help individuals find a way forward, regardless of who they are or the challenges they face. This is an excellent opportunity to gain hands-on experience in communications management, fundraising, and event coordination, while contributing to a good cause.
At Citizens Advice Oxford, we provide free, confidential, impartial and independent advice and information to whoever needs it. We also campaign on big issues affecting people’s lives. We value diversity, promote equality and challenge discrimination wherever we see it. Citizens Advice Oxford serves as a vital resource for our community, empowering individuals to overcome their problems and find a path to a brighter future.
As a Communications Volunteer, you will play a key role in raising the profile of our charity with both our clients and our partner organisations by strategic use of social media and press releases. You will also assist in developing and implementing various fundraising opportunities. Your exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, will be put to use in providing useful information for our clients who follow us on social media, engaging with potential donors, and crafting compelling messages. Your attention to detail, computer proficiency, and ability to work independently will contribute to the success of our campaigns and events.
You will report to Office Manager (Social Media) and Chief Officer (Fundraising).
- Use National Citizens Advice resources to craft social media content to get important messages across to our clients.
- Reach out to prospective supporters, recruit new fundraisers, and foster strong relationships with our community.
- Develop and promote text and web-based giving campaigns to maximise donations.
- Maintain a database of supporters, ensuring accurate and up-to-date information.
- Support and collaborate with "Friends of Citizens Advice Oxford" to encourage and enhance support for the organisation within our local community.
- Assist with the distribution of supporter materials and marketing communications, including social media posts.
- Collaborate with the funding team to draft and refine initial versions of funding applications.
- Participate in the planning, execution, and support of our own and partner-organised events.
- Create engaging publicity materials for fundraising campaigns.
- Deepened understanding of social justice issues and the impact of Citizens Advice services.
- Valuable knowledge and experience in the field of fundraising and event coordination.
- Enhanced communication skills and increased confidence in engaging with supporters.
- Opportunities to develop interpersonal and research abilities.
- Support and guidance to help you achieve your personal objectives.
- Experience using databases and working in an office environment.
This is a flexible role and we ask for only a few hours per week, which can be delivered from our central Oxford office or remotely.
Join us in creating a positive impact on the lives of others! As a Communications volunteer at Citizens Advice Oxford, you will be an essential part of our team, ensuring that the whole world knows of the impact our organisation makes on our community, and providing valuable information to those we seek to help. Together, we can transform lives and build a brighter future for our community.
To apply, please submit your CV and a brief cover letter outlining your interest and relevant experience to