Are you passionate about making a difference in people’s lives? Are you organised, resourceful, and eager to support a meaningful cause? Join our team as an Office Assistant at Citizens Advice Oxford, where your contributions will directly impact our mission of helping our clients find a way forward, whatever their problem.
As an Office Assistant, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the smooth and efficient operation of our charity by providing essential administrative support to our wider team. Your primary responsibilities will involve researching equipment and furniture, arranging the disposal of old equipment through redistribution or recycling, filing and shredding, and keeping the cases of our clients moving by facilitating requests from our Advisers for postage and scanning.
At Citizens Advice Oxford, we provide free, confidential, impartial and independent advice and information to whoever needs it. We also campaign on big issues affecting people’s lives. We value diversity, promote equality and challenge discrimination wherever we see it. Citizens Advice Oxford serves as a vital resource for our community, empowering individuals to overcome their problems and find a path to a brighter future.
This role reports to the Office Manager.
- Research and Source: You will be responsible for conducting thorough research to identify and source the most suitable equipment and furniture for our office and programs. Your ability to find cost-effective options will enable us to allocate more resources to directly support our clients.
- Equipment Disposal: You will manage the disposal of old equipment in a responsible and environmentally friendly manner. This includes coordinating with other charities to redistribute usable items and ensuring that non-functional equipment is properly recycled. Your efforts will help us minimise waste and maximise the impact of our resources.
- Paperwork Organization: Scanning and filing paperwork is an essential part of our operations. Your attention to detail and organisational skills will enable us to maintain accurate records and streamline our processes. This will empower our staff and volunteers to access vital information efficiently, allowing them to focus on delivering assistance to those in need.
- Collaborative Support: As an integral member of our team, you will provide support to other staff and volunteers as needed. This may involve assisting with general administrative tasks, coordinating meetings, or contributing to special projects. Your versatility and willingness to contribute to various initiatives will help ensure the overall success of our organisation.
- Strong organisational and time management skills to effectively prioritise tasks and meet deadlines.
- Excellent research abilities to identify cost-effective and quality equipment and furniture options.
- Attention to detail and accuracy when scanning and filing paperwork.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, to effectively collaborate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, demonstrating reliability and a proactive attitude.
- A passion for our mission and a genuine desire to contribute to the well-being of those in need.
- Understanding and operating within the aims and principles of the Citizens Advice Service and its equality policies.
This is a flexible role and we ask for only a few hours per week, which can be delivered from our central Oxford office or remotely.