Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Citizens Advice Oxford. Please see details below about our volunteering opportunities. Our service is open between 10am and 4pm, Monday to Friday. We want our volunteers to reflect the diversity of the community we serve and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
If you want to apply to volunteer with us, please complete the online application form. Please put as much detail about your skills and experience as you can in the form, as we select people to interview on the basis of the information provided in the application form. We will be in touch once we have reviewed your application. If you have any questions, e-mail us at email@example.com.
Click on the role for more detailed roles descriptions about what the various available roles involve and the skills we are looking for:
- Administration There are opportunities for building up skills and experience in the back office. We are looking for a minimum of 5 hours a week time commitment.
- Advisers For this role we ideally need a minimum 10 hours a week time commitment over 2 days. We run a rolling training programme throughout the year which is a mixture of self-study and training days at the office. The training will take approximately 3 months to complete and we ask for a minimum of 12 months commitment to volunteering after the training. Our next adviser training programme will start in the autumn.
- Digital Assistant This is a new role supporting clients with their online universal credit applications. We are looking for a 6 hour a week time commitment which can be over 1 or 2 days. We are running ongoing induction and training for this role.
- Disability and Fitness for Work Benefit Adviser This volunteer position offers an excellent opportunity to support some of the most vulnerable in our community and quickly gain specific experience in a key sector of Welfare Benefits. There will be an initial training period of approx 2 months and we are looking for an 8 hours a week time commitment, either over 1 or 2 days. We are looking for people with a long term commitment to volunteering with us. The next training programme will start in the autumn.
- Fundraising and Events Coordinator This volunteer role offers a great opportunity to gain experience of events, community, trust and corporate fundraising. We are looking for someone with strong interpersonal and written skills to develop, implement and support a wide range of opportunities. We are ideally looking for 1-2 days a week time commitment for 3 months’ minimum.
- Information Assistant As the first point of contact for our clients, this role is vital to the smooth running of our service. We are developing the role and there will be plenty of opportunities for extending and taking on new challenges in it. For this role we are ideally we are looking for an 8 hour a week time commitment (two 4 hour morning or afternoon shifts) and a willingness to commit to being involved over a time period. The next training programme will start in the autumn.
- Interpretation – We are always looking for people who can help interpret for our clients during appointments with us. If this is something you can offer please complete this form.
- Research and Campaigns worker We are building our research and campaigns team and are looking for people who can give at least 5 hours a week to be part of this work.
- Stronger Together Oxford Volunteer ‘Buddy’ This is an exciting volunteer role unique to Oxford and cannot be found on the National Citizens Advice website. For this role we are looking for ideally a minimum of 4 hours a week time commitment. We are currently recruiting for this role.
We are looking for up to three Oxfordshire based trustees, to join our board: people with strategic vision, independent judgement and a willingness to give time and commitment to this important role. In particular, we are looking for board members with knowledge of fundraising, governance, understanding of local issues and/or building management. The role of Chair and treasurer will become available and expressions of interest for this are also welcomed. The role of trustee is unpaid but offers experience and satisfaction. All reasonable expenses are reimbursed.
We want the board to reflect the diversity of the community we serve and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
For more information or an informal discussion on the role of trustee, please contact Catherine via firstname.lastname@example.org