Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Citizens Advice Oxford. Please see details below about our volunteering opportunities. Our service is open between 10am and 4pm, Monday to Friday. We want our volunteers to reflect the diversity of the community we serve and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
If you want to apply to volunteer with us, please complete the online application form. Please put as much detail about your skills and experience as you can in the form, as we select people to interview on the basis of the information provided in the application form. Please look at the role descriptions below to identify the type of skills we need. We will be in touch once we have reviewed your application. If you have any questions, e-mail us at email@example.com.
We have a variety of volunteering roles available, depending on your interest or time available. Please see below for further information about different routes.
To train as an adviser please click here for information about the advice route. The next training programme will start in autumn 2019.
- Advice Assistant: This could be a long term role or a first step to training as an Adviser. In this position you would be working with clients to support them to get the help they need. We would be looking for 5 hours per week.
- Adviser : We would be looking for a time commitment of 10 hours per week over 2 days, for at least a year following training.
- Disability and Fitness for Work Benefit Adviser : This volunteer position offers an excellent opportunity to support some of the most vulnerable in our community and quickly gain specific experience in a key sector of Welfare Benefits. We would be looking for 8 hours per week over 1 or 2 days.
Stronger Together Buddy:
This is an exciting volunteer role unique to Oxford supporting clients to put advice into practice. We are currently recruiting for this role.
- Buddy Volunteer For this role we are looking for ideally a minimum of 4 hours a week flexible time commitment.
Research and Campaigns:
We are building our research and campaigns team, to help campaign for change to make a difference in peoples live.
- Research and Campaigns Volunteer We are looking for 5 hours per week time commitment.
- Research and Campaigns Coordinator We are looking for 7 hours per week time commitment.
There are opportunities for building up skills and experience in the back office.
- Administration Volunteer We are looking for a minimum of 5 hours a week time commitment.
- Intranet Manager We are looking for about 10 hours per week over two or more days, with at least one day in the office.
Interpretation – We are always looking for people who can help interpret for our clients during appointments with us. If this is something you can offer please complete this form.
We are looking for up to three Oxfordshire based trustees, to join our board: people with strategic vision, independent judgement and a willingness to give time and commitment to this important role. In particular, we are looking for board members with knowledge of fundraising, governance, understanding of local issues and/or building management. The role of Chair and treasurer will become available and expressions of interest for this are also welcomed. The role of trustee is unpaid but offers experience and satisfaction. All reasonable expenses are reimbursed.
We want the board to reflect the diversity of the community we serve and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
For more information or an informal discussion on the role of trustee, please contact Catherine via firstname.lastname@example.org