Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Citizens Advice Oxford. Please see details below about our volunteering opportunities. We want our volunteers to reflect the diversity of the community we serve and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Recruitment during COVID-19 restrictions
If you are a qualified adviser and are are able to volunteer with Citizens Advice Oxford to provide advice over the phone and via email please complete our application form putting that you have completed your adviser training and we will be in touch about how you can volunteer now.
If you would like to join us to train as an Adviser or in another role we will be running our next training programme in the autumn. Please fill in our application form and we will be in touch when we have more details.
To apply, please complete the online application form. Please put as much detail about your skills and experience as you can in the form, as we select people to interview on the basis of the information provided in the application form. Please look at the role descriptions below to identify the type of skills we need. We will be in touch once we have reviewed your application. If you have any questions, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have a variety of volunteering roles, depending on your interest or time available. Please see below for further information about different routes which will be available in the autumn.
To train as an adviser please click here for information about the advice route.
- Advice Assistant: This could be a long term role or a first step to training as an Adviser. In this position you would be working with clients to support them to get the help they need. We would be looking for at least 5 hours per week.
- Adviser : We would be looking for a time commitment of 10 hours per week over 2 days, for at least a year following training.
- Disability and Fitness for Work Benefit Adviser : This volunteer position offers an excellent opportunity to support some of the most vulnerable in our community and quickly gain specific experience in a key sector of Welfare Benefits. We would be looking for 8 hours per week over 1 or 2 days.
Stronger Together Buddy:
This is an exciting volunteer role unique to Oxford supporting clients to put advice into practice. We are not currently recruiting for this role.
- Buddy Volunteer For this role we are looking for ideally a minimum of 4 hours a week flexible time commitment.
Research and Campaigns:
We are building our research and campaigns team, to help campaign for change to make a difference in peoples live.
- Research and Campaigns Volunteer We are looking for 5 hours per week time commitment.
- Research and Campaigns Coordinator We are looking for 7 hours per week time commitment.
There are opportunities for building up skills and experience in the back office.
- Administration Volunteer We are looking for a minimum of 5 hours a week time commitment.
- Intranet Manager We are looking for about 10 hours per week over two or more days, with at least one day in the office.
Interpretation – We are always looking for people who can help interpret for our clients during appointments with us. If this is something you can offer please complete this form.